Kentucky Mansion Fundraiser for the KyEHC


    The Old Governor's Mansion is the home of the fundraiser for KEMFI and the KyEHCIn the summer of 2008 it was decided that the Old Governor’s Mansion, the nation’s oldest official executive residence, needed to be revitalized to serve as the official guest house of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The Kentucky Mansion Celebration events will serve as a fundraiser for the Kentucky Mansion and for the KyEHC.

    75% of the proceeds from these events go directly to the Kentucky Equine Humane Center to support its horse rescue efforts. The remaining 25% of the proceeds benefit the Kentucky Executive Mansions Foundation, Inc. (KEMFI). Every aspect of these events has been 100% donated including the food, staff, decorations, tables, silverware, spirits, tents, and tables! Please support KyEHC by attending one or all of these events!

    • These are exclusive events; the number of seats are limited
    • These four events lead up to the Old Governor’s Mansion opening to the public (September 19 – October 3). Ticket information for the public tours will be coming at a later date.

    Available at, or call 502-226-6440

    First Ladies’ Luncheon
    Tuesday, September 15 • 12:00 noon
    Old Governor’s Mansion • $110 per ticket

    A delightful luncheon will be hosted by the past and present First Ladies of Kentucky. This memorable event will be set amid the plantings beautifully situated around the Old Governor’s Mansion. Enjoy a luscious lunch while visiting with the ladies many of whom have made this house their home. A true treat awaits as Kathy Cary – owner of Lilly’s of Louisville and a James Beard chef – skillfully prepares for the special guests of this event.

    Brunch in the Garden with Jon Carloftis
    Wednesday, September 16 • 11:00 a.m.
    Old Governor’s Mansion • $110 per ticket

    What a better way to begin the day than in the garden! Attendees will enjoy the morning amid the garden of yesteryear at the Old Governor’s Mansion. Jon Carloftis, renowned garden planner and expert rooftop garden designer will share his thoughts on “Transitioning History through a Modern Garden”. Plant material of today will be shown while methods of weaving this into an historical garden will be discussed. A delicious Brunch from Clare Ann’s of Frankfort will be served.

    Governors’ Barbeque & Unbridled Spirits
    Thursday, September 17 • 7:00 p.m.
    Old Governor’s Mansion • $210 per ticket

    Imagine the setting: Bluegrass music, the aroma of smoking Barbeque, plenty of unbridled spirits, and more Governors than you’ve seen together since Fancy Farm. Plan to come be a part of this very memorable happening. This promises to be an evening for the books — the history books. You will be talking about it for years. The Barbeque will be artfully prepared by Matt Falcone of Bayou Bluegrass Catering.

    Kentucky Mansion Celebration Preview Gala
    Friday, September 18 • 7:00 p.m.
    Old Governor’s Mansion • $300 per ticket

    The Gala unfolds as the carriages arrive at the newly revitalized Old Governor’s Mansion. Guests are invited to be the first to tour the mansion before proceeding to the dramatically decorated tent. Join the Governor and First Lady in celebrating this momentous occasion with a Kentucky-Proud dinner orchestrated by Wayne Masterman. A special dessert created by Bobby Flay will sweeten the evening.

    Back to the blog.


    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    CAPTCHA Image