Instagram, the wildly popular photo sharing app for phones and tablets, is a treasure trove of unique, beautiful, and sometimes funny photography from around the world.
- HorseIllustrated: Check us out! The official Instagram of Horse Illustrated magazine features show photos, videos, and images from popular articles on the website.
- Shelleypaulsonphotography: Shelley Paulson is a Minnesotan photographer who specializes in capturing the beauty of horses. She says she loves the Instagram platform because “it has connected me to horse lovers from all over the world.”
- Ranchlands: Follow this account to view spectacular action and landscape photos and short videos from the real “wild west,” including bison, cattle driving, and ranch work.
- Dancinghorses_: This German account has more than 100,000 followers due to the unique, inspirational photos of trick riding on breathtaking horses. The trainers and riders exude the joy of horses in each photo and video they share.
- Jhrodeogirl: Professional trainer, barrel racer, and reality t.v. star Jessica Holmberg showcases her action-packed photos, videos, and horses on her Instagram account.
- Horsebalance: This account shares Swedish trainer Norah Kohle’s gorgeous photography and videos documenting her work with her Connemara and Friesian. Her love of horses shines through every picture, and her following of over 150,000 speaks for her popularity. Norah says, “I’ve been a professional horse trainer for five years and I’m living my dream. I love connecting with other horse people online and that’s why I started posting my own photos. To connect, inspire and be inspired!”
- Greatpinereiners: Are you a western fan? This account features hundreds of high-quality photos of reiners in action. Fans can submit their own reining photos to be featured on this popular account.
- Maddycanon: Australian Equine Studies student and professional photographer Maddy Hooper shares countless photos of stunning horses in a variety of environments, including the beach. If her photos don’t make you want to pick up a camera and head to the barn (or ocean), then we’re not sure what will.
- Horze_equestrian: If you love equestrian fashion and shopping for new gear, this Scandinavian account is one to watch. It features enticing photos of their high-end riding merchandise, from jackets and helmets, to polo wraps and bridles.
- Lu_equine_art: Ideal for art-loving equestrians, talented Spanish artist Laura Usero shares photos of her incredibly realistic horse-themed creations, as well as video clips of her painting process.
1-16-16 today I’m very thankful and feeling very blessed, I was able to ride miss Luna for the first time sense she got injured back in July of 2015! I Thought this day would never happen! It’s going to be a long road to a full recovery…if that’s even a possibility…. Although God has made today possible, so I have faith she will recover 100%!!! God is good! ???? @samdlaney @reagan_laney @tmlaney1092 @booflournoy @jh318
Julia Arnold is a writer living in
Minnesota with her husband and two young children. She has always loved
horses and is thrilled to have officially rejoined the horse world as an
adult. She rides whenever she can at Hardwood Creek Farm in Hugo,
Minnesota. You can follow her adventures in riding and parenting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.