Applications for the United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) Youth Sportsman’s Award, sponsored by Breyer Animal Creations®, are to be submitted to the applicable USEF Recognized Associations or International Discipline Associations by October 1, 2010.
To be considered for the 2010 USEF Youth Sportsman’s Award, sponsored by Breyer Animal Creations®, applicants must:
- Have a current membership in good standing with the USEF;
- Have a current membership in good standing with a USEF Recognized Association or International Discipline Association; (for affiliate youth contacts, click here);
- Be 17 years of age or under, as of December 1, 2009;
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment and dedication to the promotion of equestrian sport;
- Serve as a positive role model for peers;
- Participate at any level of competition, including local, regional or national events; and
- Exhibit characteristics that exemplify positive sportsmanship principles.
Applications are available online or through the youth’s USEF Recognized Association or International Discipline Association. The required materials are to be submitted directly to the applicant’s respective USEF Recognized Association or International Discipline Association and must be received by October 1, 2010. Each USEF Recognized Association and International Discipline Association will select a National Winner, who will be considered for the overall award.
All National Winners will be invited to attend meetings and activities to be held in conjunction with the 2011 USEF Annual Meeting in Lexington, KY. They will be offered an educational experience regarding equestrian career opportunities and will be honored for their nominations during one of the awards sessions. In addition, the overall winner of the 2010 USEF Youth Sportsman’s Award will receive a trophy, a $1,000 scholarship payable to the educational program of choice, and a USEF Life Membership valued at $2,500. The winner will also be considered as a nominee for the 2010 USEF Junior Equestrian of the Year Award.
For additional information regarding the USEF Youth Sportsman’s Award, sponsored by Breyer Animal Creations®, please contact Jennifer Mellenkamp, Director, National Breed/Discipline Affiliates and Youth Programs, via e-mail at email@example.com or call (859) 225-6955.