One of the oldest and most prestigious horse shows in the United States begins its 2011 edition today in Pennsylvania. The Devon Horse Show has been in existence since its humble beginnings as a one-day show in 1896. Today it is an 11-day fair and horse show featuring hunters, jumpers, Saddlebreds, carriage driving and side saddle.
Scenes from the 2010 Devon Horse Show
The horse show schedule includes the following events.
- Platinum Performance/USEF Show Jumping Talent Search – May 26
- Pony Hunters and Jumpers – May 26-29
- Hunters – May 30-June 1; June 3-4
- Jumpers – May 31-June 1; June 3-4
- Saddlebreds, Hackneys, Friesians and Roadsters – June 1-4
- Grand Prix of Devon – June 2
- USHJA Hunter Derby
The fair features several special events throughout the schedule.
- May 26 is Family Day #1. Kids 12 and under are admitted to the fair at no charge.
- May 28 is Children’s Day. The first 700 kids 12 and under will be admitted for free.
- May 29 features the Devon Doggie Parade. Dog owners can enter the Pup/Human Companion Lookalike and Devon Doggie Fashionista contests. Pre-registration is required.
- June 1 is Ladies Day at Devon featuring the Devon Hat Contest with celebrity judges including TV star and longtime Saddlebred exhibitor Carson Kressley.
For ticketing info and more, visit TheDevonHorseShow.org