|Singer Lyle Lovett, shown here at the 2012 Kentucky Reining Cup, will compete again at the 2013 edition of this event. Photo: Leslie Potter|
Edited Press Release
Tom McCutheon, Tim McQuay and Shawn Flarida, teammates on the U.S.’s Gold Medal World Championship team at the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games, headline the star-studded field that also includes Lovett, the country music legend who is entered to compete in the Cup’s CRI on Friday evening, April 26, for the third consecutive year.
The next night, Saturday, April 27, riders will compete for the title of World Freestyle Champion, a title won last year by U.S. veteran rider Pete Kyle in a thrilling performance that electrified the Alltech Arena crowd. The Freestyle features performances individually choreographed to music where the riders execute Reining maneuvers designed to excite and entertain the crowd.
“The Kentucky Reining Cup combines two great events,” said Darren Ripley, President of Equestrian Events, Inc. (EEI), producer of the Kentucky Reining Cup. “The CRI on Friday night showcases Reining at its best while the Freestyle on Saturday is always a real fun event for spectators. We invite everyone to come on out for a night we know you’ll enjoy.”
Among those entered to compete are:
- Lyle Lovett of the United States, four-time Grammy Award winner, country music legend, renown Reining horse breeder, owner of the famed stallion Smart N Shiney and veteran of the 2011 and 2012 Kentucky Reining Cup CRI competitions
- Tom McCutcheon of the United States, a two-time World Equestrian Games team Gold medalist (2002 & 2010), with World Equestrian Games (2010) and FEI World Reining Final individual Gold medals (2010) and an individual Silver (2002)
Crowd favorite Pete Kyle, shown here with A Ruf Gal in 2012, will be back to compete this year. Photo: Leslie Potter
Shawn Flarida of the United States, a two-time World Equestrian Games team Gold medalist (2002 & 2010) with an individual Gold (2002), and FEI World Reining Masters Gold medalist (2006)
- Tim McQuay of the United States, a two-time World Equestrian Games team Gold medalist (2006 & 2010) with an individual Silver (2006), and two-time FEI Masters Finalist
- Pete Kyle of the United States, five-time USEF Freestyle Gold Medal winner and the 2012 World Freestyle Champion, two-time USEF Don Burt award winner, Silver medalist, USEF National Championship (2012)
- Lisa Coulter of Canada, a veteran of the 2010 FEI World Equestrian Games, two-time FEI Top Ranking Rider (2006 & 2011), Individual & Team Silver medalist at the Lexington CRIO5* (2009), three-time FEI Masters Finalist.
In addition to these stars, many more of the sport’s leading riders from the U.S. and abroad have entered. The full list of entries is available online at the Kentucky Reining Cup website at KentuckyReining.com.
The American Quarter Horse is the “Official Breed of the Kentucky Reining Cup” for the third consecutive year.
See Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event and Kentucky Reining Cup coverage from 2012 and 2011.
Good Luck Everyone!!
I bet there will be very BEAUTIFUL horses there.
awesome! sounds so cool!
sounds like a lot of fun and exciting
i love reining!!!