NEW HALL OF FAME EXHIBITS AND FEATURES
• A three-tiered timeline presents world history events, AQHA milestones and American Quarter Horse breed milestones, along with the Hall of Fame inductees, giving historical context to the inductees’ achievements.
• The American Quarter Horse Foundation bloodline chart is etched into the floor of the Grand Hall.
• The Champions Gallery showcases AQHA World Champions through an interactive, searchable film database.
• Six interactive multi-media stations along with two mini theaters provide an in-depth look into the history of the American Quarter Horse and the Hall of Fame inductees through a searchable film database.
• The Dogwood Horse, a life-size sculpture of the horse depicted in the Orren Mixer painting “Ideal American Quarter Horse.”
• A donor recognition area.
• Stone in the Grand Hall and Front Entry was quarried in Paris, Ark., and has a total weight of 93,000 lbs.
• The Medallion in the Grand Hall, which will be the focal point and backdrop for presentations is 13 ft in diameter and was sculpted from 1,400 lbs. of clay.
• The Joni Hegel Education Gallery gives visitors an orientation to the American Quarter Horse and general horse care, activities and careers.
• Quarter Horse Outfitters has an updated look to match the décor of the new Hall of Fame and also has a reconfigured floor plan that increases usable space.
For more information, call (806) 376-5181 or visit www.aqha.com/foundation.