Young equine enthusiasts from around the country are expected to attend The EQUUS Foundation/USEF Youth Convention on Saturday, January 16, 2010, in Louisville, Kentucky. The Youth Convention, now in its third year, is held in conjunction with the USEF Annual Meeting for the purpose of uniting youth as well as for growing equine interest and participation.
Colleges and Affiliates will have the opportunity to showcase information concerning their equine programs, equestrian teams and youth programs. Displays will remain up during the Youth Convention and the USEF Pegasus Reception on Saturday evening. Sponsorship opportunities are also available and donations of $25 or above will receive recognition in The EQUUS Foundation / USEF Youth Convention program.
The Youth Convention is an outreach program of the USEF Youth Council comprised of USEF members, 22 years of age and under. Youth Council members represent a variety of disciplines and organizations, including:
- American Connemara Pony Society
- American Driving Society
- American Endurance Ride Conference
- American Morgan Horse Association
- American Road Horse and Pony Association
- American Saddlebred Horse Association
- American Vaulting Association
- Arabian Horse Association
- International Andalusian Lusitano Horse Association
- International Friesian Horse Society
- National Reining Horse Association
- National Show Horse Registry
- Paso Fino Horse Association
- United States Dressage Federation
- United States Eventing Association
- United States Hunter Jumper Association
- United States Pony Club
- Welsh Pony and Cob Society of America.
The Convention is sponsored by The EQUUS Foundation to support the Youth Council goals to: 1) Provide strong and creative youth leadership for all equestrian sport in the United States; 2) Promote the pursuit of excellence in horsemanship from the grass roots to the top levels; 3) Advance the level of horsemanship across all disciplines throughout the United States; 4) Generate interest between competitors and enthusiasts from all breeds and disciplines; and 5) Educate members and the public about equestrian sport.
To learn more about the USEF Youth Council, visit the USEF website. Please direct any inquires to Jennifer Mellenkamp, USEF Youth Programs Director, 859.225.6955 or email@example.com.