On Friday, May 11, the Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) launched the FEI Awards 2012 and is inviting the international equestrian community to contribute to this annual celebration of outstanding talent.
- Reem Acra Best Athlete, for the athlete (equine or human) or combination that, over the past year, has demonstrated exceptional skill in the arena in any FEI discipline;
- HSBC Rising Star, for a rider aged 14-21 with significant talent and commitment;
- Development, for a development project, individual or organization demonstrating skill, dedication and energy in expanding the sport;
- Against All Odds, for a disabled rider or an individual who has overcome extreme personal difficulties to achieve proficiency in equestrian sport;
- Best Groom, for that important person who works behind the scenes with loyalty, dedication and total respect for the welfare of the horse.
“The FEI Awards 2012 will follow London 2012, when the skills of many of our best athletes will be showcased to the world,” said FEI President HRH Princess Haya. “The FEI Awards gives the global equestrian community the opportunity to acknowledge those individuals who embody the values and characteristics of our sport today and reflect its expansion and diversity. I urge you to visit www.feiawards.org and nominate the individuals you think are worthy of an FEI Award.”
The FEI will inform the winners in September and invite them to the awards ceremony, which will take place in Istanbul, Turkey on November 8.
Nominations can be made at www.feiawards.org.
Click here to read about the 2011 FEI Award winners.
Good Luck to everyone who is/will be nominated.
Lots of deserving people out there.