While the dress code for schooling shows
is more casual, your goal is to look as neat, tidy and workmanlike as
possible. Here is a suggestion of what might be appropriate at a
schooling show. The entry form or show rules might also include
information on acceptable attire. Check with show management if you’re
- Breeches (or jodhpurs for younger kids)
- Solid-color polo shirt (tucked in)
- Helmet: Schooling helmets are usually acceptable; a black helmet cover can make a schooling helmet show-ready.
- Boots: Tall boots are preferred, but black paddock boots and matching half-chaps are OK too.
- Jeans: Make sure your jeans are long enough to cover your ankles and the tops
of your boots. You will probably need to purchase a longer inseam length
for riding. Starch and crease them down the middle for a neat, tidy
- Long-sleeved, tailored button-down cotton blouse or westernwear shirt
- Western belt and buckle
- Helmet or Hat: A straw hat is fine for informal shows.
- Chaps (if you have them)
Get Started Showing
Affordable Ways to Look Like a Winner